Monastery of Agios Nikoloas
The monastery of Agios Nikolaos is the oldest monastery of Metsovo with an unknown year of acquisition. The frescoes are dated 1700. The gilded iconostasis of the church is an excellent example of continental woodcarvings made with the oldest technique. The last renovation was carried out in 1960 at the expense of the Baron Michael Tositsa Foundation. It is located in the southeastern part of Metsovo, near the tributary of the Arachthos river, the Metsovitiko.
The monastery can be visited daily from 9:00 am to 7:30 pm.